Mini Clafoutis with Greek Yogurt
click image for recipe
these look yummy!
What I’m having for breakfast :) This is my recipe, adapted from my boyfriend’s method :)
- Peel 1 banana, cut it into segments and throw in a blender.
- I use frozen berried instead of ice because they won’t make the last bit of the smoothie watery. These are also cheaper and available all year round, and they are usually frozen immediately so they can even be fresher and more nutritious than fresh berries. look in the freezer section of your local store. Strawberries, black berries, raspberries and blue berries are my favourite, and a handful of blue berries is beyond healthy!
- Add a dash (about a tea spoon depending on how much your making) of vanilla extract,
- about a table spoon of white sugar,
- and pour in some milk until it just covers the content in the blender.
- Blend it on high (so the frozen berries get blended) until it’s all well blended :)
- Serve cold and fresh with fresh berries if you have any :)
Green Smoothie - 1 cup baby spinach, 1 cup kale, 1 pear, 1 ½ cup of orange juice, and 1 frozen banana.
Chocolate Peanut Butter – 2 TBL unsweetened cocoa powder, 2 TBL peanut butter, ½ banana, 1 cup almond milk, ice. 320 calories total.
Mango Ginger — 2 cups frozen Mango, 1 cup frozen raspberries, 1 banana, ¼ cup chopped ginger, squeeze of lime, yogurt.
Strawberry Date — 1 date, 1 ½ cup frozen strawberries, 1 cup almond milk. Optional: 1 scoop protein powder or 1 TBL of flaxseed oil.
Put 1/4 cup in my oatmeal this morning. Adds flavor w/out a lot of extra calories :)
I’ve posted this before. Always good for a head’s up guys!